Monday 2 February 2015

Final Contents Page


This is my final contents page for my magazine 'IPM'. When creating the contents page, I knew I wanted something very simple, but effective, which is why I chose to stick to a specific colour scheme and follow the house style and layout of the magazine 'Q'. I chose the colour burgundy as the main colour, as it matched the models jumper which I thought made it look more professional. I contrasted this with the colours black and white as these are both very bold and neutral colours which didn't detract the attention away from the burgundy. I also found that these colours stood out and made sure the text was clear and easy to read which was most important. I positioned the title of the magazine 'IPM' in the top centre of the page as I felt it gave the contents page structure and hierarchy. I picked this larger body shot image of Megan as she is still looking directly into the camera, which gives the audience a sense of directness, but as her body is positioned to the side it makes the image look less important, therefore a reason why I didn't choose it for the front cover. Due to this being an indie pop music magazine, I chose not to include anything 'fashion' or 'beauty' related on the contents to exaggerated the genre and it's purpose. This is why I decided to include music related information such as 'tour dates', 'festivals' and 'top 10 chart list'. By also including a picture of the 'Arctic Monkeys', I felt this would make it more appealing to indie fans seeing their favourite band on the contents. Furthermore, I wanted to chose a male group to identify that this magazine is suitable for both genres.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment