Tuesday 3 February 2015

Front Cover

This is my final construction of how I wanted my magazine to be. As you can see, the name of the magazine is at the top of the magazine, however I had to position is slightly to the left. At first I had in mind that I wanted it to be centre, however after I placed the main image onto the cover, I noticed how Megan was placed more over to the right side. I found it looked more appealing to place the title on the left side of the model where there was more space. Like the rest of the magazine, I kept to the burgundy, black and white house style to keep to the professional look. I liked these colours as they weren't too 'in your face' which made it readable. I also made sure all the text was in capitals so that this gave the magazine structure and made is look very slick. This is the main idea of how I want my final magazine to look. 'Exclusive interview with queen of indie pop Megan Gilbride' was the main headline, so therefore I placed it in the smaller gap right of Megan so that the audience could relate to the picture and want to see more of what's inside of my magazine. I chose similar block writing with some small italics to give the page dimension. The reason I decided on this image is because it was full length body shot of Megan, which covered the length of the magazine. Furthermore, I liked her pose and how she was smiling slightly and looking directly at the camera which I found makes the audience feel involved and included with the magazine.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment