Friday 10 October 2014

Mood board




I created an inspirational mood board for my genre of indie pop. I have incorporated different indie pop styles as well as artists such as Lorde, Bastille, Ellie Goulding, Florence and the Machine. There are many more indie pop artists which I haven't included, for example, Taylor Swift, The Kooks, M83, The Lumineers and Sia. I used examples of current magazines at the moment such as Q, INDIE, Rolling Stone, Spin and Fault, in order for me to show what I would like my magazine to look similar too. I have also included different fonts, most of them tend to be a big, bold, clear sans serif fonts which makes the text catch the readers eye. I will keep this in mind when creating my own music magazine as using a similar font may be beneficial for my magazine. Furthermore, I added images of certain instruments used in the indie pop genre such as guitars and drums, as this helps identify the genre of indie pop for those who don't know what it is. Creating this mood board has given me a whole range of different ideas for my future music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment