Friday 2 January 2015

RECCE

Initially I had decided to take my photo's indoor, however I found that taking them outside was a lot more fitting for my type of magazine genre. I researched on Google where good places would be to take photos for a indie pop music magazine, however not a lot of feedback appeared, so decided keep it simple and unique. Most photos of models or celebrities in magazines are taken in a studio with the same plain white wall. I decided to be different and try the outdoors which actually suite my independent music genre.

I was lucky that I lived in the countryside which allowed me to have vast amount of field areas nearby which I could shoot my photo's at. I felt that the outdoors allowed my genre to be shown more clearly and went well with my models outfits. I felt the trees and outdoorsy setting coveys a very calm atmosphere which is good for my target audience, as this creates a positive ambience for my magazine.  
I feel that the natural colours and choose of location are appealing to both genders which means they can both enjoy the image. For example, if they model was stood in front of a pink, floral type background, this would be bias towards females.


Overall, I feel the areas in which I've chosen to take my photo's are conventional for the genre of my music magazine, for instance, it's very unique due to it not being on a plain white or coloured background like majority of magazines. Furthermore, I think this also makes my magazine look very well though out and professional.



No comments:

Post a Comment